Large telco’s shareholders decided to spin-off non-specialized local area networking business.
Business-develop and launch the specialized business, formalize core business processes, consolidate assets in special purpose vehicle (SPV) company, make the legal body ready for the future sale.
- Core business processes have been specified, governance structure developed.
- Human resource transfer was arranged from the mother-company’s non-specialized subdivisions.
- New staff have been recruited.
- Some client’s projects have been transferred into the new business’s area of responsibility.
- Target customer groups have been specified, sales and marketing of the new company launched.
- Staff motivation system was introduced.
- Self-sufficient business has been spun-off and reached profitable operations in the second year since the beginning of the project.
- On the third year of operations one of the shareholders proceeded to the new business buy-out.